It looks like Former President Obama and Former First Lady Michelle Obama will not be going to the Royal Wedding this May.
According to HARPER’S Bazaar, despite their close relationship with the former first couple, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle plan on keeping their wedding politics-free. This also means, the Trumps and British Prime Minister Theresa May didn’t get an invite either.
Follow Us On Twitter: The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @927theblock
Bazaar noted that a Kensington Palace spokesperson told Daily Express royal reporter Richard Palmer: “It has been decided that an official list of political leaders—both U.K. and international—is not required for Prince Harry and Ms. Markle’s wedding. Her Majesty’s Government was consulted on this decision, which was taken by The Royal Household.”
Apparently, since Prince Harry will not be the country’s future king, he is not obligated to invite present and former heads of states.
This current snub is news to us, since we’ve been under the impression for months that the Obamas would be attended the anticipated. However, to our delight, we’ve been known that President Trump and First Lady Melania Trump would not be attending, since he admitted it earlier this year.
Either way, we’re pretty sure the Obamas don’t have any hard feelings.
As we previously reported, the day the couple announced their engagement, Obama wished the couple well via Twitter.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
- Gary’s Tea: Wendy Williams’ Staff Worried About Her Health & On-Air Behavior [WATCH]
- Money Matters With Jini Thornton: Here’s What You Need To Know About Financial Aid During The Pandemic [WATCH]
- Jared Kushner Suggests ‘Complaining’ Black People Don’t ‘Want To Be Successful’
- It’s Official: T.I. & Jeezy Are Next In Verzuz Battle
- The Lo-Down: Wendy Williams’ Former DJ Speaks Out Amid Concerns About Her Health and On-Air Behavior [WATCH]
- Hip-Hop Spot: Kanye West Sets His Goals Higher, Now Wants To Buy Universal [WATCH]
- Drake Shares Teaser For Upcoming Project ‘Certified Lover Boy’
- The Oprah Effect: Mogul To Rally Voters With Town Halls In Battleground States Days Before The Election
- NBA Player Zach Randolph’s Wife Files For Divorce Weeks After A “Hacked” Tweet
- It Sure Seems Like Black Folks Are Fueling The Record Number Of Early Voters
#SecureThePalace: Social Media Celebrates Meghan Markle's Engagement To Prince Harry
1.Source: 1 of 9
2.Source: 2 of 9
3.Source: 3 of 9
4.Source: 4 of 9
5.Source: 5 of 9
6.Source: 6 of 9
Oh No! The Obamas Are Not Invited to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s Royal Wedding was originally published on hellobeautiful.com