Want the latest news and gossip at your fingertips? Text NC to 71007 to join our text club!
It turns out it never worked out and the franchise is in the process of being sold to the founder of hedge fund Appaloosa Management David Tepper. Tepper isn’t new to the franchise owning game, as he currently has a five percent stake in the Pittsburgh Panthers. According to the Charlotte Observer, who first reported the sale price of $2.2 billion dollars, this will set the record for the highest sale price of an NFL team ever.
But with Tepper’s net worth being north of $10 billion, he can afford to own a team. Part of the process includes him selling his stake in the Steelers along with the deal needing to be approved by the owners’ meetings in Atlanta on May 22. At least three-fourths of the league’s 32 owners must give the go-ahead to get the ball rolling.
Follow Us On Twitter: The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @‘927theblock’
Sixty-year-old Tepper is committed to keeping the Panthers in Charlotte. When current owner and founder Jerry Richardson announced that he’d be selling the team at the end of the 2017-18 season, rumors then began to swirl that the new owner would try to move the franchise to a bigger city.
And even New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft thinks that wouldn’t be a good idea.
“I’d be very surprised if someone would try to move that team. First of all, Charlotte’s an amazing area. … It’s an area of growth. The fans there have been great. I think a new owner would have a very tough time getting 24 votes to move the team,” Kraft said in January.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Richard put the team up for sale in 2018 amidst pressure after sexual harassment and workplace misconduct allegations were made against him.
- ‘Where My Dogs At?’ TVOne’s ‘Uncensored’ To Air DMX’s Final Interview
- Win Mom $1000 for the Ultimate Mother’s Day Staycation
- Nominate Your Hometown Shero As We’re Celebrating Women Leading Change In Our Communities!
- 50 Cent Donates $300K To Build Advanced Business Labs At 3 HISD Schools
- Ab-Soul Announces That His New Album Is Coming Soon
- HHW Gaming: The NBA Lands On The Fairway In Latest Update For ‘PGA Tour 2K1’
- Say It Ain’t So: Kenya Barris Reveals ‘black-ish’ Has Been Renewed For Its Final Season
- Goosebumps: Travis Scott To Be Honored By Parsons School Of Design
- ‘Egregious Disregard’: Family Of Black Man Fatally Shot By Georgia Cops Launch Justice Petition
- Ariana Grande Got Married???!!!! When? How?
- Report: Four Shot Outside Atlanta’s Popular Trap Museum
- The Lo Down: Yung Miami Wants Nicki Minaj to Unblock Her + Rick Ross Spotted Out With Tommie Lee In Miami
- HHW Gaming: StockX Confirms Scalpers Sold A Ridiculous Amount of PS5 Consoles