Last month, Kendrick Lamar became the first rapper ever to receive the Pulitzer Prize for Music. His 2017 album DAMN. took home the honor for Music and on Wednesday, he accepted his award at a luncheon at Columbia University.
Want the latest news and gossip at your fingertips? Text QC to 71007 to join our text club!
“It’s an honor,” Kendrick said. “Been writing my whole life, so to get this type of recognition, it’s beautiful.”
Follow Us On Twitter: The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @‘927theblock’
The Pulitzer committee has called DAMN. “a virtuosic song collection unified by its vernacular authenticity and rhythmic dynamism that offers affecting vignettes capturing the complexity of modern African-American life.”
Lamar accepts the award at the 54:00 mark of the video.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
- Win Passes To The Virtual World Premiere of Coming 2 America!
- Black History Month: Reclaiming Our History
- Ayesha Curry Says Switching To A Dairy-Free Lifestyle Helped Improve Her Skin, Acne And Overall Gut Health!
- Ben Jealous Compares Stacey Abrams’ Political Genius To A Game Of Spades: ‘Sacrifice In Order To Win’
- Fred The Godson “Gracias (Ascension Theme),” Uncle Murda “Bro Sh*t” & More | Daily Visuals 2.26.21
- Hip-Hop Wired Presents: CRT FRSH 2.26.21 [Playlist]
- HHW Gaming: Fashion Model Winnie Harlow Announced As Playable Character In ‘FIFA 21’s VOLTA FOOTBALL Mode
- A ‘Superman’ Reboot Is On The Way, Ta-Nehisi Coates Writing Script
- Tank Debuts ‘Can’t Let It Show’, Talks New Movie Role & Transitioning Into Stand Up Comedy [WATCH]
- Disney, NFL reportedly reach agreement on media rights deal
- Keri Hilson On Her Role ‘Don’t Waste Your Pretty’ & The Worst Piece Of Relationship Advice She’s Heard [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Freddie Gibbs Shares Story Of Shooting Drug Addict Who Kept It Pushing
Pulitzer Kenny: Watch Kendrick Lamar Officially Accept His Pulitzer Prize Award was originally published on theboxhouston.com