Last month, Kendrick Lamar became the first rapper ever to receive the Pulitzer Prize for Music. His 2017 album DAMN. took home the honor for Music and on Wednesday, he accepted his award at a luncheon at Columbia University.
Want the latest news and gossip at your fingertips? Text QC to 71007 to join our text club!
“It’s an honor,” Kendrick said. “Been writing my whole life, so to get this type of recognition, it’s beautiful.”
Follow Us On Twitter: The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @927theblock
The Pulitzer committee has called DAMN. “a virtuosic song collection unified by its vernacular authenticity and rhythmic dynamism that offers affecting vignettes capturing the complexity of modern African-American life.”
Lamar accepts the award at the 54:00 mark of the video.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
- Watch: Alessia Cara Goes Through ‘Growing Pains’ In New Music Video
- Ms. Lauryn Hill’s Anniversary Tour Is For Errbody, Featuring Errbody
- Young GG’z: This 23-Year-Old Is Youngest Female Trader On New York Stock Exchange
- Guy Asks Girlfriend For World Cup Updates, Doesn’t Get What He Expected
- Celebrities Slam Tender Age Shelters For Migrant Kids Separated From Their Families
- Will The Kardashians Ruin Tiffany Haddish’s Career For MTV Movie & TV Awards Joke? [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Blac Chyna Claims Rob Kardashian Isn’t Paying His $20,000 A Month Child Support
- The ‘Creed II’ Trailer Reveals That Everything Comes Full Circle
- Eva Longoria Gives Birth To A Baby Boy – See The First Picture!
- The Creed II Trailer Is Here And It’s Creed vs. Drago Once Again [VIDEO]
Epic Reactions To Kendrick Lamar’s ‘Damn’
1. Lebron James couldn’t resist the flames.1 of 1
Pulitzer Kenny: Watch Kendrick Lamar Officially Accept His Pulitzer Prize Award was originally published on theboxhouston.com