Last month, Kendrick Lamar became the first rapper ever to receive the Pulitzer Prize for Music. His 2017 album DAMN. took home the honor for Music and on Wednesday, he accepted his award at a luncheon at Columbia University.
Want the latest news and gossip at your fingertips? Text QC to 71007 to join our text club!
“It’s an honor,” Kendrick said. “Been writing my whole life, so to get this type of recognition, it’s beautiful.”
Follow Us On Twitter: The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @927theblock
The Pulitzer committee has called DAMN. “a virtuosic song collection unified by its vernacular authenticity and rhythmic dynamism that offers affecting vignettes capturing the complexity of modern African-American life.”
Lamar accepts the award at the 54:00 mark of the video.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
- Issa Rae Shares What It Was Like Working With Marsai Martin, Raps On Spot [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- ‘Empire’ Recap: Lucious Tries To Make Things Right With Kingsley
- The Weeknd, Travis Scott Featured On Game Of Thrones Soundtrack
- Offset ft. Cardi B “Clout,” Rich The Kid “Save That” & More | Daily Visuals 4.17.19
- #LHHATL Star Tommie Lee Denied Entry To Mental Health Program Due To Rap Sheet
- Beyoncé’s ‘Homecoming’ Is A Stunning Celebration Of Black Culture & Black Bodies
- Tyga Drops A Half A Mil on An Iced Out St. Michael Piece, Don’t Tell His Creditors
- Nas & Mary J. Blige Announce Co-Headlining American Tour
- LOL: James Corden Gets Hilariously Trolled For Posting Photo He May Or May Not Have Known Was Photoshopped
- Internet Haters Leaked ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Footage On Social Media, Russo Brothers React
Pulitzer Kenny: Watch Kendrick Lamar Officially Accept His Pulitzer Prize Award was originally published on theboxhouston.com