Last month, Kendrick Lamar became the first rapper ever to receive the Pulitzer Prize for Music. His 2017 album DAMN. took home the honor for Music and on Wednesday, he accepted his award at a luncheon at Columbia University.
Want the latest news and gossip at your fingertips? Text QC to 71007 to join our text club!
“It’s an honor,” Kendrick said. “Been writing my whole life, so to get this type of recognition, it’s beautiful.”
Follow Us On Twitter: The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @927theblock
The Pulitzer committee has called DAMN. “a virtuosic song collection unified by its vernacular authenticity and rhythmic dynamism that offers affecting vignettes capturing the complexity of modern African-American life.”
Lamar accepts the award at the 54:00 mark of the video.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
- T.I. Only Has To Pay Up $300 Fine In Disturbing The Peace Case
- Offset Inserted In Cardi B’s $15M Legal Tussle With Former Manager
- Kanye West Slams Ariana Grande For Using Twitter Rants To Promote Song
- Remy Ma And Papoose Welcome Baby Girl
- Kodak Black, Big K.R.I.T., Method Man & More Drop New Projects [Listen]
- Teyana Taylor ft. Ghostface, Method Man & Raekwon “Gonna Love Me Remix,” Kodak Black “Gnarly” & More | Daily Visuals 12.14.18
- Gary’s Tea: Future Has A Message For Ciara, Da Brat & LisaRaye Share Emotional Moment On Television & More
- Trick Daddy Offers Ebro The Fade Over Kodak Black Interview
- Listen To Black Women| Do You Put The Wrong Men In The Friend Zone?
- 9 Things We Learned from Kodak Black on ‘The Breakfast Club’
Pulitzer Kenny: Watch Kendrick Lamar Officially Accept His Pulitzer Prize Award was originally published on theboxhouston.com