Last month, Kendrick Lamar became the first rapper ever to receive the Pulitzer Prize for Music. His 2017 album DAMN. took home the honor for Music and on Wednesday, he accepted his award at a luncheon at Columbia University.
Want the latest news and gossip at your fingertips? Text QC to 71007 to join our text club!
“It’s an honor,” Kendrick said. “Been writing my whole life, so to get this type of recognition, it’s beautiful.”
Follow Us On Twitter: The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @927theblock
The Pulitzer committee has called DAMN. “a virtuosic song collection unified by its vernacular authenticity and rhythmic dynamism that offers affecting vignettes capturing the complexity of modern African-American life.”
Lamar accepts the award at the 54:00 mark of the video.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
- Rihanna Pens Letter On Poverty And Education
- Porsha Williams Reveals That She’s Pregnant! [PHOTOS]
- Two Georgia Women Arrested After Selling Weed Edibles At Church
- Webbie Has No Regrets About Publicly Shaming His Kids [Video]
- Webbie Ain’t With The Shxts: Caught Sons With 1 Girl
- You Weren’t Tripping, Former ‘Sesame Street’ Writer Says Bert & Ernie Were A Couple
- Man Arrested For Allegedly Rubbing Produce On His Butt And Putting It Back On The Shelf
- Remy Ma & Papoose Are Starring In New VH1 Reality Show
- Rickey Smiley Weighs In On Tiffany Haddish And Katt Williams [EXCLUSIVE]
- Ella Mai Shares “Trip” Video [NEW VIDEO]
Pulitzer Kenny: Watch Kendrick Lamar Officially Accept His Pulitzer Prize Award was originally published on theboxhouston.com