Want the latest news and gossip at your fingertips? Text QC to 71007 to join our text club!
Beyoncé has arrived at the point of her career that anything she gets involved in will undoubtedly shift the culture forward. In September, the Houston superstar will reportedly take over Vogue magazine for that month’s issue and has hired a Black photographer to shoot the cover, a first for the publication.
Follow Us On Twitter: The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @‘927theblock’
Vogue editor-in-chief Anna Wintour gave Beyoncé unprecedented control over the cover of the upcoming September issue, sources say, and the music icon hired the first black photographer to shoot a cover in the publication’s 126-year history.
The publication is contractually obligated to give Beyoncé full control over the cover, the photos of her inside the magazine and the captions, which she has written herself and are in long-form, according to two sources who are familiar with the agreement between Vogue and Beyoncé but aren’t authorized to speak to the press.
Wintour has always exerted complete control over the fashion bible, including selecting the outfits worn by cover models. Cover subjects are usually given little to no say in their photos and are sent the cover in the week ahead of publication, a source familiar with the editorial process at the publication told HuffPost.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Tyler Mitchell of Atlanta will do the cover shoot honors and you can learn more about his work here.
- SMH!! Trump Supporter Breaks Down Over Inauguration!
- Reversing Course: Joe Biden Signs Executive Actions Dissolving Trump’s Racist Policies
- Twitter Reacts To J. Lo’s Inauguration Performance!
- Hip Hop Spot: Fat Joe and DJ Khaled Launch Joint OnlyFans Account [WATCH]
- Bakari Sellers Explains Why Money Paved The Way For Kodak & Lil Wayne’s Pardon From Donald Trump [WATCH]
- ‘The Hill We Climb’: Amanda Gorman’s Inauguration Poem Has Captivated America. Read It Here
- Tone & Sculpt Your Upper Body With Jackie Paige’s Midday Workout
- DJ Khaled And Fat Joe Team Up For OnlyFans Page
- Bakari Sellers Shares His Thoughts Of Donald Trump’s Last Moments In The White House [WATCH]
- Donald Trump Commutes Sentence Of Death Row Records Founder Harry O, Snoop Dogg Lobbied
Beyoncé Reportedly Tapped For Vogue September Takeover was originally published on hiphopwired.com