Want the latest news and gossip at your fingertips? Text QC to 71007 to join our text club!
Nike and Colin Kaepernick have caused a uproar with their new campaign including the ousted NFL player. The former 49er quarterback dropped the news about the campaign earlier this week and Nike followed suit. During this announcement, many folks have either applauded the star and Nike or have protested the campaign including cutting their socks, burning their shoes while on their feet and more.
The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @‘927theblock’
To add more fuel to the fire, Kaepernick dropped the new Nike ad on YouTube that was shown during the NFL season kick off Thursday night on NBC Charlotte (WCNC) with the Atlanta Falcons and Philadelphia Eagles playing.
Even though the Carolina Panthers aren’t set to play until this Sunday against the Dallas Cowboys, Quarterback Cam Newton and wide receiver Devin Funchess shared their opinion about the campaign,
“We’re all entitled to our own opinion. We all have freedom of speech and can believe in any and everything we wanna believe in. From man to man, I respect the hell out of him, and that’s pretty much all I got to say,” Newton explained.
“I’ve seen Colin Kaepernick; I thought his message was in the right direction. I mean, he did lose his job and he stood for something he wanted to stand for,” said Funchess.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter:
Take a look at the commercial airing tonight:
What are your thoughts? Take the poll below:
- ‘Where My Dogs At?’ TVOne’s ‘Uncensored’ To Air DMX’s Final Interview
- ‘Back To The Ballot Box’: Michelle Obama’s When We All Vote Launches National Voter Registration Week of Action
- Melvin Van Peebles, Director And The ‘Godfather Of Black Cinema’ Passes Away At 89
- “The Wonder Years” Star EJ Williams Calls Dropping His Daily Drip For Styles From ’68 “The True Sacrifice”
- Summer’s Over & SAD Season Is Here: Escape To America’s Happiest States [List]
- Teyana Taylor Announces Farewell Tour ‘The Last Rose Petal’
- Watch: Netflix Drama Film ‘Passing’ Trailer Released & Fans Share Their Own “Passing” Memes On Social Media
- Ciara’s Clothing Line “Lita By Ciara” Is Now Sold At Nordstrom
- Dictatorship Masked As Democracy: A Timeline Of The 1915 U.S Invasion And Occupation Of Haiti
- Steph Curry Surprises His Wife With A Beautiful Wedding Vow-Renewal Ceremony
- Teyana Taylor Announces Her Farewell Tour On Social Media [Details Inside]
Powerful Photos Of Colin Kaepernick Looking Like Black Excellence
1. Stand for something, or fall for anything.Source: 1 of 6
2. Woke bae.Source: 2 of 6
3. Leader of the pack.Source: 3 of 6
4. “It’s better to be a lion for a day, than a sheep all your life.”- Elizabeth KennySource: 4 of 6
5. “It is our duty to fight for our freedom.”- Assata ShakurSource: 5 of 6
6. Dignity, Pride, Roots.Source: 6 of 6
Cam Newton Shows Respect To Colin Kaepernick For New Nike Campaign was originally published on 1053rnb.com