According to The Weather Channel,
The first hurricane and storm surge has been issued along parts of the Southeast coast for Hurricane Florence.
Cities and counties effected by this information so far goes as follows:
South Carolina to the North Carolina- Virginia border (including Charleston, Myrtle Beach, Wilmington, the Outer Banks and Albemarle and Pamlico Sounds.
With this type of watch, it’s imperative that you finalize your hurricane preparedness plan and be ready to use if necessary.
A storm surge watch has also been issued for the same areas, meaning there could be a potential for life threatening storms with the incoming of Hurricane Florence in the next 48 hours.
This is what we know so far about Hurricane Florence:
- Florence remains a dangerous Category 4 hurricane.
- A strike on the Carolinas will occur Thursday into early Friday.
- Hurricane and storm surge watches have been issued.
- A life-threatening storm surge is expected with landfall.
- Massive inland rainfall flooding is also expected from Florence lingering into next week.
- Tropical-storm-force winds may arrive as soon as late Wednesday night.
- Florence is also generating dangerous surf and rip currents along the East Coast.
Hurricane Florence is set to hit the Carolinas with destructive winds and massive inland rainfall and flooding. The Weather Center is calling this one of the strongest strikes on record for this part of the East Coast.
Please continue to listen to 92.7 The Block for the latest on Hurricane Florence and our local news partner Fox Charlotte 46.
- Voices: Ari Lennox “Shea Butter Grammy Nominee?”
- Run That Back with Aladdin
- The DMV Podcast: #AllTheWayUp!
- Apollo Nida Rearrested Just 9 Days After Release From Federal Prison
- Senator Cory Booker Hints He May Be Married Soon
- Sony Announces New ‘The Boondocks’ Series, Aaron McGruder Back
- Karrueche Gets Candid On What It Took To Escape Her Past And Become An Actress
- Cuba Gooding, Jr. Charged In Groping Incident
- Mary J. Blige To Receive Lifetime Achievement Award Honor At 2019 BET Awards
- Take Our Money: Ashanti Has A Swimsuit Collection With PrettyLittleThing Coming…