Want the latest news and gossip at your fingertips? Text QC to 71007 to join our text club!
The homages are rolling in for the late Mac Miller, and deservedly so. An A1 rapper who gave the Pittsburgh rapper his props is Kendrick Lamar.
K. Dot was part of a tribute episode put together for Complex’s Open Late With Peter Rosenberg.
“He just always had a smile on his face, and that’s something that I commend,” said Kendrick. “No matter what he was going through, he didn’t make you feel sorry for him, you know? He was strong about it—always kept a smile on his face because he wanted you to smile, too. And that’s just something I always loved, you know, no matter whatever personal issues, he gave you that energy.”
The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @927theblock
He added, “It wasn’t no misery loves company with him. He showed a smile and then you gave that smile right back, it made you feel good. So forever we’re gonna remember the life and we’re gonna remember that smile.”
Smoke DZA, Jeff & Eric Rosenthal of ‘ItsTheReal’ and New York mag music critic Craig Jenkins also spoke on Miller.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Watch the full episode below.
- Salt-N-Pepa Discuss ‘Ladies Night’ Reality Show, How They’ve Maintained Longevity [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- DMX Casted In ‘Chronicle Of A Serial Killer’ Film
- Elizabeth Warren Details Proposal To Eliminate Student Debt
- Whitney Houston’s Best Friend & Rumored Lover Robyn Crawford Teases Tell-All Book About Their Relationship
- Sri Lanka Attacks: Death Toll Rises After Bombings To Hotel & Churches On Easter
- Natasha Rothwell Of ‘Insecure’ Explains Why She Will Never Support Kanye West
- Michael Sam Talks Hardships After Being Dropped By NFL After Coming Out As Gay
- The Getaway Driver In Nipsey Hussle’s Murder Being Investigated
- ‘RHOAS11’ Reunion Recap: Porsha Tries To Pray The Group’s Crazy Away
- Director John Singleton Hospitalized After Stroke
Kendrick Lamar Speaks On Mac Miller, Loved His Energy was originally published on hiphopwired.com