Want the latest news and gossip at your fingertips? Text QC to 71007 to join our text club!
The homages are rolling in for the late Mac Miller, and deservedly so. An A1 rapper who gave the Pittsburgh rapper his props is Kendrick Lamar.
K. Dot was part of a tribute episode put together for Complex’s Open Late With Peter Rosenberg.
“He just always had a smile on his face, and that’s something that I commend,” said Kendrick. “No matter what he was going through, he didn’t make you feel sorry for him, you know? He was strong about it—always kept a smile on his face because he wanted you to smile, too. And that’s just something I always loved, you know, no matter whatever personal issues, he gave you that energy.”
The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @927theblock
He added, “It wasn’t no misery loves company with him. He showed a smile and then you gave that smile right back, it made you feel good. So forever we’re gonna remember the life and we’re gonna remember that smile.”
Smoke DZA, Jeff & Eric Rosenthal of ‘ItsTheReal’ and New York mag music critic Craig Jenkins also spoke on Miller.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Watch the full episode below.
- Gary’s Tea: Mary J. Blige Is Breathtaking In Birthday Bikini Photos, Diddy Is Done With Cassie & More
- Alicia Keys To Host 2019 Grammy Awards [VIDEO]
- Work It: 18 Songs You Didn’t Know Missy Elliott Wrote
- Nas Calls Out Jay-Z Over R. Kelly Collab In Old 2002 Interview With Wendy Williams [Video]
- Alicia Keys To Host The 61st Annual GRAMMY Awards [VIDEO]
- What’s Poppin With Deja Perez and Tiaudra Taylor
- 50 Cent Wants His $30K From Teairra Mari
- Blac Chyna Squared Up With Alexis Skyy: Battle Of The Clout Chasers
- Why Keyshia Cole And Daniel Gibson Still Aren’t Divorced
- Netflix Working With Software Company That Could Possibly Stop The Sharing Of Passwords
Kendrick Lamar Speaks On Mac Miller, Loved His Energy was originally published on hiphopwired.com