Want the latest news and gossip at your fingertips? Text QC to 71007 to join our text club!
The homages are rolling in for the late Mac Miller, and deservedly so. An A1 rapper who gave the Pittsburgh rapper his props is Kendrick Lamar.
K. Dot was part of a tribute episode put together for Complex’s Open Late With Peter Rosenberg.
“He just always had a smile on his face, and that’s something that I commend,” said Kendrick. “No matter what he was going through, he didn’t make you feel sorry for him, you know? He was strong about it—always kept a smile on his face because he wanted you to smile, too. And that’s just something I always loved, you know, no matter whatever personal issues, he gave you that energy.”
The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @927theblock
He added, “It wasn’t no misery loves company with him. He showed a smile and then you gave that smile right back, it made you feel good. So forever we’re gonna remember the life and we’re gonna remember that smile.”
Smoke DZA, Jeff & Eric Rosenthal of ‘ItsTheReal’ and New York mag music critic Craig Jenkins also spoke on Miller.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Watch the full episode below.
- Young Thug Asks Judge To Release Him To Be With His Kids
- Trap Love: Waka Flocka Wants To End Beef With Gucci Mane [Video]
- Netflix Has A Hip-Hop Competition Show On The Way With Cardi B, Chance The Rapper, & T.I.
- Black Tony In Need Of Comfort After Dog Dies
- Gary’s Tea: Twitter Is Outraged Over Serena Williams GQ Cover, Towanda Braxton Buys Herself A Mansion & More [VIDEO]
- Rickey Smiley For Real: The Awkward Moment You And Your Ex Are Forced To Be Around Each Other [VIDEO]
- Watch Migos’ Sing Whitney Houston & More On ‘Carpool Karaoke’ [VIDEO]
- Drake Goes To Trial For ‘Pound Cake’ Lawsuit
- Jill Scott Video Goes Viral, She Got Skill Skills
- [WATCH] Former Three 6ix Mafia Star Project Pat Puts DJ Ace On Game On How To Get A Super Bag!
Kendrick Lamar Speaks On Mac Miller, Loved His Energy was originally published on hiphopwired.com