Nas will always be illmatic and this time is no different with the release of his short film, ‘NASIR.’ The Queensbridge native dropped the 16 minute documentary to accompany his 11th album with the same name that was dropped earlier this year. The film touches on the social issues in his neighborhood of Queens, New York like racism and police brutality.
His ‘NASIR’ album produced by Kanye West plays as the soundtrack with Hip Hop Legends Slick Rick and Demarius Mack making cameos.
“I’m a product of the old school and the newest of the new,” says the hip-hop icon while addressing his legacy.
The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @927theblock
Watch the film below:
The HSTRY designer already revealed that he is working on a follow up to NASIR and is in the studio with SWIZZ BEATZ and Wu-Tang Clan’s RZA.
”It’s another album that I already had been working on before [Nasir],” he said. “Since I did this, I gotta do something that, you know, goes in another direction a little bit. So I’m finishing up the next one.”
No release date on the follow up has been released.
- Funeral Plans For George Floyd Announced In Houston
- Mayor Bottoms, Police Chief Fire Atlanta Cops For Using Excessive Force On Spelman & Morehouse Students
- Trump Invokes Insurrection Act of 1807 To Attempt To Stop Nationwide Riots
- HHW Gaming Review: ‘Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath” Gives NetherRealm’s Fighter Some New Energy
- FLO & GO: “The Fight For Justice Continues” | The Morning Hustle Freestyle [VIDEO]
- Independent Autopsy Of George Floyd Finds His Death Was A Homicide, Brother Calls For Peace In Protests
- LL Cool J Drops #BlackLivesMatter-Inspired Freestlye After Headass Biracial Tweet
- A MESSAGE From Killer Mike & Tamika Mallory That Everyone Needs To Hear [VIDEO]
- Angie’s Motivation: “We Are Made Stronger By The Difficulties We Face” [VIDEO]
- Beyoncé Demands Justice For George Floyd As Petition Hits 7 Million Signatures