Nas will always be illmatic and this time is no different with the release of his short film, ‘NASIR.’ The Queensbridge native dropped the 16 minute documentary to accompany his 11th album with the same name that was dropped earlier this year. The film touches on the social issues in his neighborhood of Queens, New York like racism and police brutality.
His ‘NASIR’ album produced by Kanye West plays as the soundtrack with Hip Hop Legends Slick Rick and Demarius Mack making cameos.
“I’m a product of the old school and the newest of the new,” says the hip-hop icon while addressing his legacy.
The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @927theblock
Watch the film below:
The HSTRY designer already revealed that he is working on a follow up to NASIR and is in the studio with SWIZZ BEATZ and Wu-Tang Clan’s RZA.
”It’s another album that I already had been working on before [Nasir],” he said. “Since I did this, I gotta do something that, you know, goes in another direction a little bit. So I’m finishing up the next one.”
No release date on the follow up has been released.
- Who’s Cappin: Akon & His Comments About Slavery: ‘You Just Gotta Let It Go’ [VIDEO]
- Why Nicki Minaj Fans Are Mad At A$AP Ferg & DaBaby Gets Dragged [VIDEO]
- Op Alert: Kanye West Says He Misses Jay-Z, Kris Jenner Has Good Musical Taste
- ‘Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air’ Is Getting Reboot With A Dramatic Twist
- Maya Rudolph Prepares To Bring Kamala Harris Back To ‘Saturday Night Live’
- Keyshia Cole Confirms 2Pac Wanted To Leave Death Row Records [Video]
- TV Publicist Tries To “Out” Michael B Jordan?!
- Monica Riding For Her Ex Boyfriend C-Murder!
- Nick Cannon Is Suing Viacom?
- Guess Who Da Baby’s Voting For In Novemeber?