Nas will always be illmatic and this time is no different with the release of his short film, ‘NASIR.’ The Queensbridge native dropped the 16 minute documentary to accompany his 11th album with the same name that was dropped earlier this year. The film touches on the social issues in his neighborhood of Queens, New York like racism and police brutality.
His ‘NASIR’ album produced by Kanye West plays as the soundtrack with Hip Hop Legends Slick Rick and Demarius Mack making cameos.
“I’m a product of the old school and the newest of the new,” says the hip-hop icon while addressing his legacy.
The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @927theblock
Watch the film below:
The HSTRY designer already revealed that he is working on a follow up to NASIR and is in the studio with SWIZZ BEATZ and Wu-Tang Clan’s RZA.
”It’s another album that I already had been working on before [Nasir],” he said. “Since I did this, I gotta do something that, you know, goes in another direction a little bit. So I’m finishing up the next one.”
No release date on the follow up has been released.
- LisaRaye Explains How Duane Martin Ruined Her Marriage [VIDEO]
- Are You Here For A ‘Clueless’ Reboot With Dionne As The Main Character?
- Lala Anthony Has A Message For Those Who Say She Can’t Act
- High School Student Tackled By Classmates For Bringing Gun To School
- Wendy Williams Addresses “Very Tough Year” While Accepting Star On Hollywood Walk Of Fame [VIDEO]
- Troy Ave “So True,” Fast Cash ft. Boosie Badazz “Drought” & More
- Kylie Jenner Turns RIIISE AND SHIIINNEE Meme into Merch
- Nicki Minaj Announced Adele Collaboration, Then Back Pedaled
- Ubisoft Announces ‘The Division 2’ Is Free-To-Play All Weekend Long
- Snoop Dogg Is In The Game, Announced As A Playable Character In ‘Madden NFL 20’