Nas will always be illmatic and this time is no different with the release of his short film, ‘NASIR.’ The Queensbridge native dropped the 16 minute documentary to accompany his 11th album with the same name that was dropped earlier this year. The film touches on the social issues in his neighborhood of Queens, New York like racism and police brutality.
His ‘NASIR’ album produced by Kanye West plays as the soundtrack with Hip Hop Legends Slick Rick and Demarius Mack making cameos.
“I’m a product of the old school and the newest of the new,” says the hip-hop icon while addressing his legacy.
The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @927theblock
Watch the film below:
The HSTRY designer already revealed that he is working on a follow up to NASIR and is in the studio with SWIZZ BEATZ and Wu-Tang Clan’s RZA.
”It’s another album that I already had been working on before [Nasir],” he said. “Since I did this, I gotta do something that, you know, goes in another direction a little bit. So I’m finishing up the next one.”
No release date on the follow up has been released.
- Kelly Price Mourns The Loss Of Her Mother
- The Lo’ Down: Jennifer Lopez Faces Criticism For Calling Herself A ‘Black Girl From The Bronx’ [WATCH]
- T.I. On Working With His Kids On ‘The L.I.B.R.A’ & If He Would Meet With Trump Like Ice Cube [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- T.I. Talks New Album, Turning 40, & Supporting Ice Cube [VIDEO]
- Congressman Kweisi Mfume Addresses Coronavirus In The Government + Ice Cube’s Plan [WATCH]
- T.I. Confirms Rumor That His Friend Urinated On Drake + Drake Unfollows Him [WATCH]
- Beyoncé Hints To Dropping New Ivy Park Line On October 30
- Hot Spot: Kanye West Claps Back At Issa Rae After Her SNL Appearance [WATCH]
- Fetty Wap’s Brother Shot And Killed
- Chadwick Boseman’s Wife Files Probate Petition As Actor Passed Without A Will