Want the latest news and gossip at your fingertips? Text QC to 71007 to join our text club!
Quavo, Takeoff, and Offset are reportedly suing their former business partner after a clothing line deal went sour. The Migos rappers claim they have not received their cut of the royalties they’re owed.
The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @‘927theblock’
According to The Blast, “The band signed a deal in 2015 with YRN (aka Yung Rich Nation) to work on a line of clothing, jewelry, and other apparel. The guys from Migos were to be paid a percentage of royalties from the sales. They accuse YRN of failing to properly pay them their cut from the sales and for not providing them with accounting, making it unclear how much they are actually owed. Migos says they have demanded their former partner turn over the finances but they have refused.”
Additionally, Migos is accusing YRN of using “Migos marks” like “Culture” and “Bad and Boujee” as the company continues to produce new clothing. Migos is asking for an injunction that would stop YRN from profiting off their marks. They’re also suing for an unspecified amount in damages.
But, as the site reports, it was actually YRN that first took issue with Migos in court.
“Yung Rich Nation actually sued Migos over the same deal earlier this year. YRN claimed Quavo, Offset and Takeoff were supposed to wear the clothes in six music videos a year, participate in four photo shoots and make at least six appearances in stores. The company claimed instead of following through on their deal, Migos went and entered into a separate deal with Universal Music Group to sell band apparel and ceased to work on the planned line with them. YRN sued Migos seeking unspecified damages. Migos denied all allegations of wrongdoing and demanded the lawsuit be dismissed,” The Blast states.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
We’ll continue to keep you updated.
- ‘Where My Dogs At?’ TVOne’s ‘Uncensored’ To Air DMX’s Final Interview
- Don’t Believe The Myth That Black Fathers Are Not There For Their Children
- For The Culture: Black Women Show Off Their Beauty, Style And Creativity For Juneteenth
- Victoria’s Secret Retires VS Angels To ‘Give Women What They Want’
- This Simple Rainbow Inspired Makeup Tutorial Is Perfect For Celebrating Pride Month
- Chloe Bailey Puts A Sexy Spin On Nina Simone’s “Feeling Good” During ABC’s Juneteenth Celebration
- Jordan Brand Previews Heat-Filled Fall 2021 Collection
- DaBaby “Ball If I Want To,” Rick Ross & Guapadad 4000 “How Many Remix” & More | Daily Visuals 6.18.21
- Naomi Osaka Withdraws From Wimbledon To Focus on Her Mental Health
- These Dope Kicks Found On GOAT Won’t Hurt Your Bank Account
- Nipsey Hussle, DJ Khaled, Regina King & More To Receive Star On Hollywood Walk Of Fame
Migos Reportedly Suing Former Business Partner For Unpaid Clothing Line Royalties was originally published on hiphopwired.com