Want the latest news and gossip at your fingertips? Text QC to 71007 to join our text club!
Tyler Perry just made the day of plenty of Walmart shoppers in the Atlanta area.
The filmmaker and mogul paid off $434,000 of layaway items at the Walmarts located in East Point and Douglasville. Perry intended the gift to be anonymous but wound up releasing a video on Twitter confirming that it was indeed him.
The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @‘927theblock’
“I know it’s hard times, everyone’s struggling and I’m just really, really grateful to be able to be in a position to this,” Perry said in the video. “So, God bless you, go get your stuff and merry Christmas.”
According to AJC, there are usually “1,000 layaway accounts” at the Douglasville location during the holidays. Usually good samaritans pay off one item in the system but never the entire system.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Good for Tyler!
- Win Passes To The Virtual World Premiere of Coming 2 America!
- Black History Month: Reclaiming Our History
- Da Brat’s Top Woman Law Violations [WATCH]
- Dr. Collier Explains The COVID-19 Vaccine Could Interfere With Mammogram Results [WATCH]
- YaYa Mayweather Faces Backlash For Taking Her Newborn Baby On A Yacht
- 5 Celebrity Beauty/Skin Care Products You Should Know About
- No Charges For Rochester New York Police Officers Involved With Daniel Prude’s Death
- Bronx Street Renamed After Fred The Godson, Jim Jones, Fat Joe & More Attend [Video]
- The Fashion Issue | Misa Hylton: From Bad Boy Stylist To Global Creative Partner For MCM
- Top Quotes From Bayard Rustin, The First Openly Gay Black Civil Rights Leader
- Wiz Khalifa ft. A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie “Millions,” Juice WRLD “Conversations,” & More | Daily Visuals 2.23.21
- Damon Amendolara Weighs In On The Chances Of Deshaun Watson Becoming A Panther
Good Deeds: Tyler Perry Pays Off $434K In Layaway Items At Atlanta Area Walmarts was originally published on myhoustonmajic.com