Two weeks ago, the singer filed an appeal to a decision which would force Sony to release her from the contract she signed with her alleged rapist, Dr. Luke.
“People reported that Kesha filed an injunction to Justice Shirley Kornreich’s ruling. Justice Shirley’s ruling was a dismissal of the singer’s preliminary injunction suit, which would have allowed her to record music without Dr. Luke’s fingerprint.”
That injunction was the subject of today’s ruling, where a judge decided Kesha would not be released from her contract.
“…the judge sided entirely with Sony and rejected all of Kesha’s claims. As TMZ reports, the “slavery” argument did not fly with the judge because Sony did not force her to work exclusively with Dr. Luke. The judge also dismissed Kesha’s allegation that she was the victim of a hate crime: “Although [Luke’s] alleged actions were directed to Kesha, who is female, [her claims] do not allege that [Luke] harbored animus toward women or was motivated by gender animus when he allegedly behaved violently toward Kesha.”
There doesn’t seem to be any possible recourse for the songstress. Since Kesha originally filed this suit over a year ago, she’s been in a seemingly endless battle to free herself of her alleged abuser. After the latest verdict it’s difficult to know what other options might be available.
SOURCE: Cosmopolitan | PHOTO: Splash
PHOTOS OF THE DAY: Gwen Stefani, Kris Jenner, Kesha, & More
1. Miranda Kerr looks toned and perfect while running errands in NYC.1 of 10
2. Kesha rocks a hood mermaid look with long blue locks and a gold tooth at LAX.2 of 10
3. Aww! Gwen Stefani takes a stroll with her newest little cutie, Apollo Bowie Flynn.3 of 10
4. Who dat, who dat? Kris Jenner was seen with a mystery man strolling around Disneyland.4 of 10
5. Amber Rose rocks a fanny pack while on her way to Starbucks.5 of 10
6. Kate Hudson is cute as a button at SiriusXM Studios in New York City.6 of 10
7. Hate it or love it, the cast of E!'s "Rich Kids of Beverly Hills" is still making moves, leaving NBC studios in Manhattan.7 of 10
8. Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson looks happy as a clam signing autographs at "Live with Kelly and Michael."8 of 10
9. Taylor Swift looks cute in a green dress while leaving the gym in NYC.9 of 10
10. Michael Clifford of the hot new group 5 Seconds of Summer performs at NBC's TODAY Show.10 of 10
Judge Dismissed Kesha’s Emergency Injunction To Be Released From Sony Contract was originally published on globalgrind.com