The level of violence at GOP front-runner Donald Trump‘s rallies continues to rise. According to reports, a police car was wrecked outside of a rally that took place in Orange County on Thursday night. A mix of anti-Trump demonstrators and his supporters gathered outside of the Pacific Amphitheater in Costa Mesa where the campaign event was held. There were reportedly 3,000 people outside the venue. Video footage showed a man jumping on top of a Costa Mesa police car, which eventually caused one of the windows of the vehicles to shatter. Police officials arrived on the scene in riot gear to stop the chaos around 10:00 p.m. The Orange County Sheriff’s Department reported no injuries. Costa Mesa Police Department Sgt. Patrick Wessel said 17 people were arrested for not leaving the scene. Read more.
Prince May Have Died From a Drug Overdose
According to reports, investigators are looking into whether a drug overdose may have caused Prince‘s passing. Law enforcement officials are trying to find out if he was prescribed drugs prior to his death. Investigators are looking into whether a doctor was present with him when his plane made an emergency landing just days before his death. Other sources claim Prince was battling an “ongoing illness.” On Thursday, local law enforcement agents requested assistance in the investigation from federal DEA agents. Read more.
Teen Birth Rate Significantly Drops for Blacks and Latinos
A new report shows that teen birth rates among Blacks and Latinos has significantly dropped over the past 10 years. According to the study released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, between the years of 2006 and 2014, the teen birth rate dropped by 41 percent. It decreased by 51 percent for Latinos and 44 percent for African-Americans. “During 1991-2014, the birth rate among teens aged 15-19 years in the United States declined 61 percent, from 61.8 to 24.2 births per 1,000, the lowest rate ever recorded,” read the report. Despite the declining numbers, Blacks and Latinos are more likely to have teen births than Whites. “Nonetheless, in 2014, the teen birth rate remained approximately twice as high for Hispanic and black teens compared with white teens, and geographic and socioeconomic disparities remain, irrespective of race/ethnicity,” stated the CDC team in the report. Lack of adequate education, high unemployment rates, and poverty are all factors that contribute to high teen birth rates. Read more.
Comedian Katt Williams Arrested Again
Comedian Katt Williams was arrested after throwing a salt shaker at a restaurant manager in Atlanta on Thursday. The incident took place at Spondivits restaurant. The manager suffered a bloody cut on his lip. After the incident, Williams left the restaurant and was later found by police at a nearby Waffle House. He was apprehended and released on bond on Thursday morning. Williams was charged with disorderly conduct in March after getting into a physical altercation with a teenager in Gainesville. He’s also facing charges for threatening his bodyguard and punching an Atlanta store clerk during an argument. Williams’ lawyer, Drew Findling, responded: “Every time this happens, coincidentally, we almost instantaneously will hear from some lawyer out there, and it just makes each and every one of these allegations questionable at best.” Read more.
Kerry Washington and Viola Davis Sign Individual Deals with ABC
Actresses Kerry Washington and Viola Davis have both made a major career move. Washington and Davis inked individual deals with ABC Studios. Under their contracts, they will create new projects for broadcast, cable, and streaming services under their production companies. Davis co-owns JuVee Productions and Washington oversees her own company called Simpson Street. “I believe strongly in the importance of having a seat at the table which makes starting this production company thrilling for me. It’s an honor to be at a point in my career when I can help generate projects that are exciting, necessary, and truly reflect the world around us,” said Washington in a statement. “I’m grateful to be on this journey with ABC, a network that remains unparalleled in its commitment to inclusive storytelling.” Read more.
PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
17 Artists You Probably Didn’t Know Were Influenced By Prince
1. Maroon 5 has covered Prince’s “Purple Rain”Source:Kevin Kane/Getty Images for iHeartMedia 1 of 17
2. The Weeknd has always said that Prince has been a huge influence on their vocal soundSource:Joseph Okpako/Redferns via Getty Images 2 of 17
3. Prince can be found in Pharrell’s unique musical styleSource:Leon Bennett/WireImage/Getty 3 of 17
4. Bruno Mars has called Prince one of his heroes and has paid tribute to The Purple One a number of timesSource:Ronald Martinez/Getty Images 4 of 17
5. Usher has said in many interviews that he is influenced by PrinceSource:Jalal Morchidi/Anadolu Agency/Getty Images 5 of 17
6. Janelle Monáe, known for her unique style, teamed up with Prince on the song “Given Em What They Love”Source:Samir Hussein/Getty Images 6 of 17
7. Andre 3000’s style and showmanship is undeniably influenced by PrinceSource:Jeff Kravitz/FilmMagic/Getty 7 of 17
8. Justin Timberlake, influenced by many legends, wrote a touching tribute to The Purple One on InstagramSource:Mustapha Houbais/Anadolu Agency/Getty Images 8 of 17
9. Prince is an obvious influence on Miguel who is often called this generation’s PrinceSource:PYMCA/UIG via Getty Images 9 of 17
10. Frank Ocean wrote a Tumblr post speaking to why he is a true Prince fanboySource:C Flanigan/FilmMagic/Getty 10 of 17
11. Soul crooner D’Angelo has covered Prince’s “She’s Always in My Hair”Source:Frank Micelotta/Getty Images 11 of 17
12. Alicia Keys not only has been influenced by Prince but she also covered “How Come You Don’t Call Me”Source:Hayley Madden/Redferns/Getty 12 of 17
13. Performer extraordinaire Beyonce has obvious influences on her stage presence from The Purple OneSource:M. Caulfield/WireImage/Getty 13 of 17
14. St. Vincent has openly discussed how Prince influenced her debut album.Source:Mike Windle/WireImage 14 of 17
15. One-of-a-kind songstress Lady Gaga has said Prince influenced her greatly on her ‘Born This Way’ albumSource:Photo by Kevin Mazur/WireImage 15 of 17
16. Beck has covered Prince songs many times and has credited him as an influence. Plus, Beck can play over 12 instruments…sound familiar?Source:Theo Wargo/WireImage/Getty 16 of 17
17. Lenny’s musicianship is undenied, just like influencer Prince. Lenny and Prince have even performed together in a battle of the guitars: https://youtu.be/RC34ZcDiCagSource:Franziska Krug/Getty Images 17 of 17
NEWS ROUNDUP: Police Car Destroyed At Violent Trump Rally; Plus, Did Prince OD?…AND MORE was originally published on newsone.com