The diva, who once stated that she loves to be married, was super excited about her engagement to businessman fiancé James Packer, but she’s been mum on the wedding date…and now we know why.
According to reports, Mariah and James plan to tie the knot as soon as the ink is dry on her final divorce documents with Nick. Mariah has reportedly been pushing Nick Cannon to sign the papers for more than a year, but he won’t do it. Her people also people believe Nick’s lawyers are dragging it out for as long as possible. The reason is unclear, as he hasn’t made any money or custody demands regarding Dem Babies. Though, now that Nick made it clear on his freestyle “Divorce Papers” that he’s ready to sign, she may be able to move forward with her plan sooner than expected.
Mariah still has her residency in Vegas, so most likely, the pair will have to wait until that’s over in August. But they have confirmed they’d like to jump the broom ASAP.
Maybe Nick will have a change of heart before then.
SOURCE: TMZ | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
20 Times Mariah Carey's Kids Made Our Hearts Melt (PHOTOS)
1. Mariah with her babies Monroe and MoroccanSource:Getty 1 of 8
2. Mariah and baby Monroe in the hospitalSource:Getty 2 of 8
3. Mariah feeds her newborn daughter MonroeSource:Getty 3 of 8
4. Beautiful Mariah with her daughter MonroeSource:Getty 4 of 8
5. Mariah's kids are just too cute for words!Source:Getty 5 of 8
6. Mariah with her munchkins at her Hollywood Walk of Fame ceremonySource:Getty 6 of 8
7. Mariah laughs with daughter MonroeSource:Getty 7 of 8
8. Mariah and daughter Monroe catch some sun in IbiziaSource:Getty 8 of 8
Mariah Carey Might Be Getting Married Sooner Than We Think was originally published on globalgrind.com