Did he or did he not touch the plate?
In a Sunday night televised game against the Atlanta Braves and Philadelphia Phillies, a controversial replay challenge in the ninth inning had the sport world calling to get rid of replay.
Phillies third baseman Alec Bohm slid home as Braves catcher Travis d’Arnaud attempted to tag out, and pushes Bohm’s leg aside which appears to miss the home plate.
Plate umpire Lance Barrett called Bohm safe, though replays showed he might never have touched home plate. After a 10-minute long review of the video challenge, the ruling on the field was upheld.
The Phillies would eventually win the game off the run in a 7-6 wild victory over the Braves.
- ‘Where My Dogs At?’ TVOne’s ‘Uncensored’ To Air DMX’s Final Interview
- Tia Mowry Trends On Social Media After Sharing An Intimate Instagram Post In The Name Of Self-Care
- Missy Elliot Pens A Heartfelt Instagram Message In Honor Of Aaliyah’s Birthday: ‘Your Spirit Lives On’
- Give It To Me: 5 Reasons Timbaland Is The GOAT Producer
- Narrative Ye: Kanye West Says Travis Scott Put Him On To Daughter Chicago’s Birthday Party Location
- King Family Leads Cross-Country Actions Demanding Senate End The Filibuster To Pass Voting Rights Legislation
- New Virginia Governor Glenn Youngkin Unveils ‘Day One’ Executive Order Banning Critical Race Theory
- Tami Roman Debuts New Hair For The New Year: ‘New Year, New Doo’
- DirecTV Set To Drop Trump Friendly Disinformation Network OAN
- Old Tweet Of Kyrsten Sinema Calling John Lewis Her ‘Hero’ Resurfaces As She Blocks Voting Rights
- Hip-Hop Wired Presents: CRT FRSH [Certified Fresh] Playlist 1.14.22
Did he touch the plate? Braves fall to Phillies after controversial replay review upheld was originally published on wfnz.com