Did he or did he not touch the plate?
In a Sunday night televised game against the Atlanta Braves and Philadelphia Phillies, a controversial replay challenge in the ninth inning had the sport world calling to get rid of replay.
Phillies third baseman Alec Bohm slid home as Braves catcher Travis d’Arnaud attempted to tag out, and pushes Bohm’s leg aside which appears to miss the home plate.
Plate umpire Lance Barrett called Bohm safe, though replays showed he might never have touched home plate. After a 10-minute long review of the video challenge, the ruling on the field was upheld.
The Phillies would eventually win the game off the run in a 7-6 wild victory over the Braves.
- ‘Where My Dogs At?’ TVOne’s ‘Uncensored’ To Air DMX’s Final Interview
- Win Mom $1000 for the Ultimate Mother’s Day Staycation
- Nominate Your Hometown Shero As We’re Celebrating Women Leading Change In Our Communities!
- Say It Ain’t So: Kenya Barris Reveals ‘black-ish’ Has Been Renewed For Its Final Season
- Ariana Grande Got Married???!!!! When? How?
- Report: Four Shot Outside Atlanta’s Popular Trap Museum
- Eva’s Corner: Should I Come Out The Closet This Late In Life?![WATCH]
- Snoop Dogg’s Daughter Cori Broadus Shares Her Recent Mental Health Struggles
- Here’s What You Need To Know For Tax Day 2021 From Jini Thornton [WATCH]
- Jini Thornton Shares Some Need To Knows For Tax Day 2021
- Model Monday: Myori Granger Knows All Money Isn’t Good Money
- North Carolinians still expected to travel Memorial Day weekend despite high gas price and shortage
- #JusticeForMikaylaMiller: Supporters Call For DA’s Resignation, FBI Intervention
Did he touch the plate? Braves fall to Phillies after controversial replay review upheld was originally published on wfnz.com