On this day in 2013, Kobe Bryant tore his Achilles in a game against the Golden State Warriors.
Bryant goes down in the fourth quarter with 3:08 left to play in the game, guarded by Harrison Barnes who was called for a foul. Kobe immediately grabbed his left ankle area as he sat on the court floor in pain.
Kobe helped himself off the floor and hobbled to the bench where he briefly sought treatment by the head athletic trainer. He refused to come out of the game, limped to the free-throw line, and knocked down two clutch free throws before leaving the game.
The Los Angeles Lakers would go on the win the game 118-116 over the Warriors.
- ‘Where My Dogs At?’ TVOne’s ‘Uncensored’ To Air DMX’s Final Interview
- Win Mom $1000 for the Ultimate Mother’s Day Staycation
- Nominate Your Hometown Shero As We’re Celebrating Women Leading Change In Our Communities!
- Say It Ain’t So: Kenya Barris Reveals ‘black-ish’ Has Been Renewed For Its Final Season
- Ariana Grande Got Married???!!!! When? How?
- Report: Four Shot Outside Atlanta’s Popular Trap Museum
- Eva’s Corner: Should I Come Out The Closet This Late In Life?![WATCH]
- Snoop Dogg’s Daughter Cori Broadus Shares Her Recent Mental Health Struggles
- Here’s What You Need To Know For Tax Day 2021 From Jini Thornton [WATCH]
- Jini Thornton Shares Some Need To Knows For Tax Day 2021
- Model Monday: Myori Granger Knows All Money Isn’t Good Money
- North Carolinians still expected to travel Memorial Day weekend despite high gas price and shortage
- #JusticeForMikaylaMiller: Supporters Call For DA’s Resignation, FBI Intervention
On this day in 2013: Kobe Bryant tore his Achilles, then knocks down 2 clutch free throws was originally published on wfnz.com