Hall of Fame women’s basketball coach Kim Mulkey is leaving Baylor after 21 seasons to join LSU as head coach.
LSU announced Mulkey was named the new head coach Sunday, April 25. In 21 seasons with Baylor, Mukley won three national championships as head coach, two as a play and one as an assistant coach.
Mulkey will be returning to her home state to coach the Lady Tigers. A Tickfaw, LA native Mulkey is an accomplished coach and player. She’s won a gold medal on the 1984 Olympic Team and was inducted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame in 2020.
The 58-year-old not only is the only person in college basketball history, men’s or women’s, to win national championships as a head coach, assistant coach and a player, but she as well is one of three coaches in college basketball history to win national titles as a player and a coach.
Mulkey will be introduced as the new head at a news conference on Monday. You can watch it live HERE.
- ‘Where My Dogs At?’ TVOne’s ‘Uncensored’ To Air DMX’s Final Interview
- “Social Society” Exclusive: Reginae Carter Confesses To Kendall Kyndall That She “Loves Pain,” But Admits Her Boob Job Was Excruciating!
- Right-Wing Support For Border Patrol Grows After Agents Whip Haitian Migrants With Horse Reins
- Over A Year After George Floyd’s Murder, Minneapolis Residents Organize To Expand Public Safety Housing Opportunity
- Joey Logano Discusses the Challenges of the Round of 12 in the NASCAR Playoffs
- Megyn Kelly Has Sent The Internet Into A Frenzy With These Offensive Twitter Moments
- Rep. Karen Bass Could Be Gearing Up For A Mayoral Run
- Saweetie Debuts New Ginger Hair Just In Time For Fall
- Ciara Shows Off Her ‘Wild Side’
- Tim Scott Peddling Republican Talking Points On ‘Defunding Police’ Instead Of Facing Real Reasons For Failed Action On Police Reform
- Watch: First-Look Teaser For Kanye West’s Upcoming Netflix Limited Documentary ‘Jeen-Yuhs’ Featuring Mos Def
Hall of Fame women’s basketball coach Kim Mulkey leaves Baylor for LSU was originally published on wfnz.com