Charlotte-Mecklenburg is a growing city and has the highest population in North Carolina but sadly it is also ranked No. 1 in violent crimes statewide, according to FBI data from 2019.
Charlotte leads all other NC cities by a wide range in all categories of crimes. North Carolina’s most populous city reported 6,982 violent crimes in 2019, according to Federal data. The second most violent city reported 2,440 violent crimes which was Greensboro followed by Durham with 2,2046 reported in 2019.
Data collected on crimes reported in 2019 for North Carolina cities below:
The FBI defines violent crimes as murder and nonnegligent manslaughter, rape, robbery, and aggravated assault and property crimes such as burglary, larceny-theft, and motor vehicle theft.
The agency’s data in the table was collected from all city and town law enforcement agencies submitting 12 months of complete offense data for 2019.
- ‘Where My Dogs At?’ TVOne’s ‘Uncensored’ To Air DMX’s Final Interview
- Win Mom $1000 for the Ultimate Mother’s Day Staycation
- Nominate Your Hometown Shero As We’re Celebrating Women Leading Change In Our Communities!
- Petty Much? Woman Throws Lavish Fake Wedding To Get Back At Ex
- Johnson C Smith students required to get vaccinated before returning to campus
- Need A Job! Find Out Who’s Hiring!
- Queen Latifah Talks ‘Girls Trip’ Sequel
- Man Tries To Take An Axe To George Floyd Memorial [VIDEO]
- Take Our Music Survey For A Chance To Win A Laptop!
- Joe Budden Responds To Olivia Dope’s Sexual Harassment Allegations
- Congrats! Naomi Campbell A Mother At 50, Shares Photo Of First Baby
- LAPD Investigating T.I., Tiny Over Sexual Assault, Drugging Accusation
- 50 Cent Donates $300K To Build Advanced Business Labs At 3 HISD Schools