According to new reports, OWN delivered its “highest-rated, most-watched, and highest ranking quarter” in network history. Much of the network’s success has been attributed to OWN’s two new original drama series, Greenleaf and Queen Sugar. The network’s shows are doing well overall, however, as OWN’s drama series across the board raked in an average of “over 2 million total viewers for the quarter in Live+SD and over 3 million total viewers in Live+3.”
Shadow and Act reports: In prime, OWN ranked #13 among ad-supported cable networks with W25-54 (up +15 spots vs. last quarter and up +5 spots vs. YAGO). Additionally, OWN is the #1 cable network in prime among all African American women and total viewers.
This quarter’s success was bolstered by OWN’s two new original drama series, “Greenleaf” and “Queen Sugar,” which both premiered to record ratings and are 2 of the year’s top 3 new scripted cable series among women, and Tyler Perry series “The Haves and the Have Nots” and “If Loving You is Wrong.” “Queen Sugar” premiered to record ratings (9/6/16 and 9/7/16), delivering the highest-rated two-episode debut in network history, averaging a 1.9 W25-54 rating and 2.416 million total viewers over its two-night premiere. “Greenleaf” premiered as the #1 series debut in OWN history with over 3 million total viewers (6/21/16).
In addition, OWN was Tuesday night’s #1 cable network among W25-54. Popular series from Tyler Perry, “The Haves and the Have Nots” was Tuesday night’s #1 original cable series among W25-54 and W18+ and “If Loving You is Wrong” ranked #2 among W25-54. Both series were also the most-watched cable series among African-American total viewers in all of prime.
Join us in congratulating the mogul that is Oprah Winfrey and read more on OWN’s success here.
SOURCE: Shadow and Act | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
14 Amazing Photos Of Oprah Winfrey's Hair Over The Years
1. Global Citizen Festival: Mandela 100 - ShowSource:Getty 1 of 13
2. The classic '70s layered look.Source:Getty 2 of 13
3. The bigger her career got, the bigger her hair.Source:Getty 3 of 13
4. She brought the '90s in with style...and fringe.Source:Getty 4 of 13
5. Boss bangs and buoyancy.Source:Getty 5 of 13
6. Looks like Oprah rocked the chic bowl cut before RiRi became known for it.Source:Getty 6 of 13
7. Queen O's hair is full of life.Source:Getty 7 of 13
8. Tamed golden curls are her go-to look.Source:Getty 8 of 13
9. This elegant curly updo works for Oprah, the actress.Source:Getty 9 of 13
10. Nothing's better than having a little bounce in your curl. A lot in Oprah's case.Source:Getty 10 of 13
11. The media mogul's 'fro is on fleek.Source:Getty 11 of 13
12. Locks fit for a Queen.Source:Getty 12 of 13
13. Her straightened push-back is laid to the gods.Source:Getty 13 of 13
OWN Network Just Had Its Highest-Rated, Most-Watched, Highest-Ranked Quarter Ever was originally published on globalgrind.com