Charlotte is officially in a stage 1 drought. Lawn irrigation is only allowed on Tuesday and Saturdays. Residential car washing is banned.
According to @Charlottewater, the Catawba-Wateree Drought Management Advisory Group announced that dry weather conditions and warm temperatures have placed Charlotte Water customers in Stage 1 of the drought protocol.
Want the latest news and gossip at your fingertips? Text NC to 71007 to join our text club!
Charlotte Water joins the other 40+ members of the DMAG in asking customers to
- Please only irrigate on Tuesdays and Saturdays between 6pm—6am if you must irrigate
- Limit landscape watering of no more than one inch of water per week, this includes rain
- Please conserve all water use indoors and outdoors
- Please refrain from outdoor water use during the day (6am to 6pm) to reduce evaporation losses
- Please refrain from filling pools
- Only top off swimming pools on Thursday and Sundays, between 6pm – 6am
- Please discontinue operation of fountains and other ornamental water features that do not sustain aquatic animal life