Hot 97’s DJ Funkmaster Flex has been speaking out a lot lately about the beef between deceased rappers Notorious B.I.G. and Tupac Shakur. In an emotional video the NYC radio personality declares that Biggie’s death is all Tupac’s fault.
“People want to ask me why I said it 20 years later,” he stressed.
Want the latest news and gossip at your fingertips? Text QC to 71007 to join our text club!
“I said it when the f**king sh** was going on! And Biggie wouldn’t have f**king died if that n**ga hadn’t have lied! He lied! Y’all n**gas worship him.”
With tears in his eyes, he believes that no wants to co-sign on what he’s saying because they do not want to tarnish Tupac’s legacy. Flex also wasn’t afraid to take on Suge Knight saying that the volatile CEO of Death Row Records is behind the deaths of both rappers.
“If he wants to beat his artists up, pee on his artists — whatever — that’s his business,” he said. “All I’m saying is he was no tough guy in this f**king town!”
However Flex stressed that he still has love for Pac and his music.
Source: Archive Photos / Getty
“I love everything that he did, it’s just the lying about Biggie, man! He lied, man, he lied. He lied — he never cleared it up, and then he died. And then Biggie died. And I ain’t trying to start no East Coast-West Coast thing.”
The popular DJ also had words for T.I. Apparently T.I. recently said on Instagram that Flex should have been talking about the beef when it was actually happening, not after their deaths.
Thank you for subscribing! Please be sure to open and click your first newsletter so we can confirm your subscription.
“T.I., I was on the radio when that was happening, my brother,” he said. “’I’m on the radio breaking digital underground on BLS in 1990. T.I., you were 10 years old. So you weren’t aware of it. And I’m not knocking you, Bro, I know you’re speaking from the heart, too.”
1. While at a hotel with his ex-wife, Keisha Morris, the room they were in caught fire. Reportedly, “Tupac was disappointed in her and told her he couldn’t trust her because she didn’t stay with him to fight the fire.”
1 of 21
2. Tupac bought Biggie Smalls his first Rolex.
2 of 21
3. His mom originally named him Lesane Parish Crooks.
3 of 21
4. Tupac’s mom, Afeni Shakur, was a Black Panther, in jail on bombing charges at the time of her pregnancy with the rapper.
4 of 21
5. Tupac was homeless when he first moved to California, living in different shelters for approximately two years.
5 of 21
6. Tupac was a really big fan of actor Jim Carrey.
6 of 21
7. Though Tupac is known for representing the West Coast, he was actually born on the East side of Harlem.
7 of 21
8. Tupac once cried after talking to Maya Angelou on the set of “Poetic Justice.”
8 of 21
9. When marrying Keisha Morris, the priest got to the part where he states “with all your worldly possessions…” Tupac interrupted, letting the priest know: “Well, Keisha can’t have my pool table or my big screen TV.”
9 of 21
10. During an altercation in 1993, Tupac shot two policemen – one in the leg and the other in the butt. Charges against the rapper were later dropped.
10 of 21
11. Tupac and Fredo Starr met at the premiere of “Sunset Park.”
11 of 21
12. Mike Dyson says that during Tupac’s final hours on Earth, “Vincent” by Don Maclean was played repetitively.
12 of 21
13. He and Jada Pinkett Smith once kissed to see if they had any chemistry – but according to Jada, “It had to be the most disgusting kiss for us both.”
13 of 21
14. When he was a kid, his friends gave him clothes for Christmas and birthdays. They knew he was struggling with poverty.
14 of 21
15. Tupac spent 15 days in prison after punching “Menace II Society” director Allen Hughes in the face. He was later replaced by Lorenz Tate. Witnesses say it was more like Hughes was fighting 30 people, referring to Tupac’s entourage who was allegedly jumping him.
15 of 21
16. Pac was required to take an HIV test before doing love scenes with Janet Jackson in “Poetic Justice.”
16 of 21
17. When he died, he was engaged to actress Kidada Jones.
17 of 21
18. After he finished writing his legendary track “Dear Mama,” it is said that he called Jada Pinkett and told her, “I wrote this song about our mothers and I want you to hear it.”
18 of 21
19. Tupac got his last name from his stepfather, Mutulu Shakur.
19 of 21
20. While attending the Baltimore School for the Arts, he studied drama, took ballet classes, and rapped under the alias MC New York.
20 of 21
21. Tupac reportedly had sex with almost all of the women in his x-rated music video “How Do U Want It,” then passed out from exhaustion.
21 of 21
Continue reading Funkmaster Flex Declares Tupac Is To Blame For Biggie’s Death
21 Facts You Might Not Have Known About Tupac Shakur