10 Powerful Photos Of Colin Kaepernick Looking Like Black Excellence
1. Keeping the ‘fro in shape is a must.Source:Instagram 1 of 9
2. Stand for something, or fall for anything.Source:Getty 2 of 9
3. Woke bae.Source:Getty 3 of 9
4. Leader of the pack.Source:Getty 4 of 9
5. “It’s better to be a lion for a day, than a sheep all your life.”- Elizabeth KennySource:Getty 5 of 9
6. “It is our duty to fight for our freedom.”- Assata ShakurSource:Getty 6 of 9
7. Dignity, Pride, Roots.Source:Getty 7 of 9
8. #KnowYourRightsOakland #KnowYourRightsCamp 📷: @ttime32Source:Instagram 8 of 9
9. “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. “- MLKSource:Instagram 9 of 9
A wise man, or woman, once said, “Learn the rules so you know how to break them” — and CASSIUS has taken that at face value.
The newly-launched site had the Internet buzzing all week over their captivating depiction of The First Supper. But this isn’t your grandmother’s old photo of Jesus and the disciples hanging over the mantelpiece. This is art.
Want the latest news and gossip at your fingertips? Text QC to 71007 to join our text club!
This is an ode to the unapologetic, IDGAFs throughout time that create their own rules to live by. Celebs like Rihanna, Issa Rae, and Colin Kaepernick knew that their power is in staying true to themselves before social media validated it for them. But all the cultural badasses aren’t as obviously edgy as Rih Rih, evidently as brilliant as Issa or as gutsy as Colin. There are the low-key influencers whose power comes from expressing themselves by the way they think, talk or dress. Jaden and Willow Smith are prime examples of creatives who are relentlessly themselves despite what society tells them they ought to be.
To be Black and proud is already a revolution in itself. Sprinkle some entertainment and fashion into and it naturally becomes something greater. That’s the power of not giving a f***, of being unapologetic.
CASSIUS is just what the culture needed.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @927theblock