Chris Brown is opening up, in detail, about the domestic violence incident with Rihanna in his new documentary Chris Brown: Welcome To My Life.
Want the latest news and gossip at your fingertips? Text QC to 71007 to join our text club!
Brown, who has been mostly silent about what went down nearly 10 years ago when the then-couple left Clive Davis’ annual Grammy party, revealed what started the infamous argument that led up to the physical fight between the two.
According to Brown, Rihanna had gone through his phone and seen a text from another woman, which infuriated her. Things began to get physical in the car ride on the way home. He claims he begged her to calm down but the situation spiraled out of control.
The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @927theblock
“I hit her with a closed fist, I punched her. I busted her lip and when I saw it I was in shock, like why the hell did I hit her like that. From there she just spit in my face and it enraged me even more. it’s a real on fight in the car. We’re driving in the street. I’m like ‘Yo, we’re tripping. what the f*ck.’ She’s trying to grab for my phone to throw it out the window. She grabs my nuts, when she do that, I bite her arm.”
Brown says the trust had been broken between the two after Chris admitted to having sex with another woman before their relationship.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
“She hated me,” he said. “After that I tried everything. She didn’t care, she just didn’t trust me after that. From there, it just went down hill because it will be fights. It will be verbal fights, physical fights as well, mutual sides.” He added, “We would fight each other. She would hit me and I would hit her. It never was okay.”
Watch the emotional clip, below:
Chris Brown: Welcome To My Life is available worldwide.
12 Things We Learned From Chris Brown’s Breakfast Club Interview
1. Ready To Have A Baby, Not Ready For MarriageSource:YouTube 1 of 12
2. Relationship With DrakeSource:Instagram 2 of 12
3. Community ServiceSource:Instagram 3 of 12
4. Tour DocumentarySource:GettyImages 4 of 12
5. Chris & Jay Z Are CordialSource:GettyImages 5 of 12
6. Calls Pharrell When He Needs AdviceSource:GettyImages 6 of 12
7. His Love For Karrueche TranSource:Instagram 7 of 12
8. Relationship With RihannaSource:GettyImages 8 of 12
9. Friendship With TygaSource:GettyImages 9 of 12
10. Competition Between ArtistsSource:Instagram 10 of 12
11. Thinks Songwriters Want To Be ArtistsSource:GettyImages 11 of 12
12. Justin Bieber’s Media RedemptionSource:YouTube 12 of 12
Chris Brown Gives Detailed Account Of Rihanna Assault: ‘I Punched Her’ was originally published on hellobeautiful.com