The man who created the pornography empire known worldwide as Playboy in 1953 is no longer with us.
Rest in peace, Hugh Hefner.
Via Playboy Enterprises release:
Hugh M. Hefner, the American icon who in 1953 introduced the world to Playboy magazine and built the company into one of the most recognizable American global brands in history, peacefully passed away today from natural causes at his home, The Playboy Mansion, surrounded by loved ones. He was 91 years old.
Here’s a thread on the impact Hefner’s Playboy magazine had on civil rights and journalism in America.
Gone But Not Forgotten: Hugh Hefner Over The Years [PHOTOS]
1. Playboy KingSource:Getty 1 of 13
2. Hugh Hefner and BunniesSource:Getty 2 of 13
3. 1975 Playboy Bunny of the Year AwardsSource:Getty 3 of 13
4. Hugh Hefner and Doris DaySource:Getty 4 of 13
5. Hugh HefnerSource:Getty 5 of 13
6. Playboy Bunny of the Year Awards 1975Source:Getty 6 of 13
7. Hugh Hefner and Kimberley ConradSource:Getty 7 of 13
8. 'The Hoppening' Playboy PartySource:Getty 8 of 13
9. Hugh Hefner and Kimberley Conrad at the prmiere of the New Star Wars.Source:Getty 9 of 13
10. Nikki Schieler and Hugh HefnerSource:Getty 10 of 13
11. The Playboy Club Grand Opening at The Palms in Las VegasSource:Getty 11 of 13
12. Playboy And Hugh Hefner Host Annual Halloween Party At The Playboy MansionSource:Getty 12 of 13
13. King of the PlayboySource:Getty 13 of 13
Playboy Founder Hugh Hefner Passes At 91 Of Natural Causes was originally published on globalgrind.com