This passed weekend the story about Nelly being accused of rape by a fan surfaced in the media. Wendy Williams during her hot topics on her show spoke about it, but there were some people that had issues with what she said. According to BET, Williams seemed to blame the victim for what happened to her.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Williams said, “If she did not put herself in that situation, this wouldn’t have happened. Young lady, you’ve got to stay out of tour buses.” The rapper was arrested for the alleged rape following his performance, but he has denied the allegations. Twitter later on after hearing what Williams said went off on her comments.
Williams today addressed what was talked about on hot topic and said, “It’s never an easy job sitting here in the lavender chair by myself with nobody to bounce off of. Sometimes I might say something that you don’t understand, but I am the girl to cop to it. Maybe cavalierly you caught my comments, ‘You got to watch where you go.’ I didn’t mean anything by it.” She began to cry and then tell a story about how when she was 13 she looked like an older woman. Williams even spoke about going to get cigars for her grandfather and how olden men would look at her. She apologized and now is hoping the attack on her stops.
Checkmate! Celebs Who’ve Clapped Back At Wendy Williams
1. Wendy Williams — Either You Love Her Or You Hate HerSource: 1 of 13
2. Evelyn LozadaSource: 2 of 13
3. Porsha WilliamsSource: 3 of 13
4. NeNe LeakesSource: 4 of 13
5. Janet HubertSource: 5 of 13
6. Method ManSource: 6 of 13
7. Whitney HoustonSource: 7 of 13
8. Mariah CareySource: 8 of 13
9. DiddySource: 9 of 13
10. Tyler Perry, Usher and LL Cool JSource: 10 of 13
11. BeyonceSource: 11 of 13
12. TupacSource: 12 of 13
13. Will SmithSource: 13 of 13