Jay Z has confirmed rumors that he and Beyoncé worked on a joint album, but we may never get to hear it as intended.If you listen to Beyonce’s Lemonade and Jay’s 4:44, they seem to play out like companion pieces. Each of them tell a story about working to keep a relationship together in the aftermath of infidelity. Not long after Lemonade was released, there was buzz that she and Hov were working on a project together. Unfortunately, that never materialized, but Jay did drop 4:44 earlier this year.
Want the latest news and gossip at your fingertips? Text QC to 71007 to join our text club!
In an interview with the New York Times, Jay revealed that they had been working on a release together. The project evolved into Lemonade and 4:44, and working together was helping them work out some issues in their marriage.
The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @927theblock
“We were using our art almost like a therapy session. And we started making music together,” Jay told The Times. “Then, the music she was making at that time was further along. So her album came out as opposed to the joint album that we were working on.”
Teasing the lingering possibility of a Bey & Jay album in the future, Jay Z added, “Um, we still have a lot of that music.” Hov didn’t confirm whether he and Beyoncé might ever release that music. We’d be here for it, though!
On the subject of relationships, Jay also opened up about his friendship with Kanye West.
“I [talked to] Kanye the other day, just to tell him, like, he’s my brother. I love Kanye. I do. It’s a complicated relationship with us,” he told Baquet. [W]e’re both entertainers. It’s always been like a little underlying competition with your big brother.”
Acknowledging that he and Yeezy are in a rough patch in their friendship, Jay shared that he believes they’ll get past it and be as tight as ever.
“There’s certain things that happened that’s not really acceptable to me,” Hov said without giving too much detail. “In the long relationship, you know, hopefully when we’re 89 we look at this six months or whatever time and we laugh at that.”
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
10 Pictures Of Jay-Z Feeling On Beyonce’s Flawless Booty (PHOTOS)
1. No one can forget the epic PDA and ass-grabbing during their performance of “Drunk In Love” at this year’s Grammy Awards. Surfboard.Source:Getty Images 1 of 10
2. When Hov was retiring, he held a star-studded concert at Madison Square Garden, and you know he had to bring Bey out to perform “Crazy In Love.” In front of a crowd of thousands in the world’s most famous arena, Jay shows them all why he is so crazy in love.Source:Getty Images 2 of 10
3. At the 2006 BET Awards, Jay felt a little frisky during their “Deja Vu” performance. I bet Bey was thinking, “You gon’ need help tryna study my bounce.”Source:Getty Images 3 of 10
4. When Hov brought out his wifey to perform “Crazy In Love,” for what seemed to be the 44,444th time, he shocked the Barclays Center crowd and Bey when he slapped her ass.Source:YouTube 4 of 10
5. Jay had to get another look at her cake!Source:Getty Images 5 of 10
6. This VMA performance was nothing short of sexy.Source:Getty Images 6 of 10
7. Bey had the girls green with envy at Z100’s Jingle Ball, showing off her amazing assets.7 of 10
8. Bey poked it out and showed off her killer curves for Jay.Source:Getty 8 of 10
9. While on vacation, the two take a romantic stroll that has us in awe of the beautiful scenery and of course, Bey’s booty. Jay’s a lucky man!Source:Beyonce Tumblr 9 of 10
10. Happy Anniversary, Jayonce!Source:Getty Images 10 of 10
Where Is It? Jay Z Confirms Joint Album With Beyoncé was originally published on hellobeautiful.com