After years of dolls with body types that none of us could relate to, Mattel has finally introduced Barbies with realistic proportions.
In an announcement in TIME magazine, the company revealed that the iconic Barbie will now be available in three new body shapes: “petite,” “tall,” and “curvy.” The doll will also come in seven different skin tones in an attempt to represent a wider range of races and ethnicities.
Mattel explained the new additions in the following statement on its website:
“By introducing more variety into the line, Barbie is offering girls choices that are better reflective of the world they see today. The new 2016 Barbie Fashionistas collection includes 4 body types, 7 skin tones, 18 eye colors, 18 hairstyles, and countless on-trend fashions and accessories.”
The Fashionistas collection is now available for pre-order.
SOURCE: Mashable | PHOTO CREDIT: Twitter | VIDEO SOURCE: Inform
Eternal Love! 15 Photos Of David Bowie & Iman Over The Years
1. The gorgeous supermodel and English superstar married in 1992 and have been inseparable ever since.Source:Getty 1 of 14
2. Both on their second marriage, the connection was cosmic.Source:Getty 2 of 14
3. Fashion forward couple.Source:Getty 3 of 14
4. Young Lovers.Source:Getty 4 of 14
5. Before KimYe, Hollywood was trying to keep up with these two.Source:Getty 5 of 14
6. They took risks together.Source:Getty 6 of 14
7. They were fearless together.Source:Getty 7 of 14
8. But somehow they remained a normal couple despite the fame.Source:Getty 8 of 14
9. They shared years of major success together.Source:Getty 9 of 14
10. And managed to look young and vibrant the entire time.Source:Getty 10 of 14
11. It’s clear that they were madly in love.Source:Getty 11 of 14
12. They grew older together.Source:Getty 12 of 14
13. Iman admitted to still being fascinated by her husband after all these years.Source:Getty 13 of 14
14. RIP David Bowie.Source:Getty 14 of 14
Barbie Finally Adds Dolls With Normal Body Types, Plus 7 New Skin Tones was originally published on newsone.com