As we approach Martin Luther King Jr. day, Jeff Johnson talked about how going to say the “ I Have A Dream” speech isn’t enough. Johnson talked about how when King was killed he was challenging people. He also talked about how he was a leader that evolved and did more than just fight civil rights issues.
If we are celebrating him we must do more than just say a speech. Johnson also talked about how we need to support and watch the NAACP Image Awards. It is about our culture, our movies, our music and it’s a show that celebrates us.
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” 6am ET.
- Win Passes To The Virtual World Premiere of Coming 2 America!
- Black History Month: Reclaiming Our History
- Crystal Smith Responds To Viral Tweet About Ne-Yo’s Ex, Monyetta Shaw
- Who’s Cappin?! ‘The Bachelor’ Host Chris Harrison Steps Down After Racism Controversy [WATCH]
- Rock-T Gives An Update On Tiger Woods’ Car Crash Injuries [WATCH]
- Front Page News: Here’s What You Need To Know About The New Coronavirus Bill [WATCH]
- Baton Rouge Police Under Investigation After Video Shows Officer Choking A 13-Year-Old Black Boy
- Claudia Jordan Remembers Meek Mill Embarrassing Nicki Minaj At A Restaurant
- Marjorie Taylor Greene, Who Once Called Black People ‘Slaves’ To Democrats, Champions Transphobia
- The Source Awards To Return
- Bobby Shmurda Was Booked And Busy On His First Day Out Of Prison
- Here’s How Maxine Waters Feels About “W.A.P.” With Megan Thee Stallion