Taraji P. Henson might play ‘Cookie Lyon’ on the hit show “Empire,” but she is breaking into a new role. The actress talked with Gary With Da Tea about her new movie “Proud Mary.” She mentioned that this movie is perfect timing for women.
It shows how strong they are, changes the narrative and shows our power. Gary called her a young Pam Grier and she mentioned that she did think about her while doing this role. Henson also talked about how this role challenged her and made her become even more of a badass.
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” 6am ET.
- Win Passes To The Virtual World Premiere of Coming 2 America!
- Black History Month: Reclaiming Our History
- Da Brat’s Top Woman Law Violations [WATCH]
- Dr. Collier Explains The COVID-19 Vaccine Could Interfere With Mammogram Results [WATCH]
- YaYa Mayweather Faces Backlash For Taking Her Newborn Baby On A Yacht
- 5 Celebrity Beauty/Skin Care Products You Should Know About
- No Charges For Rochester New York Police Officers Involved With Daniel Prude’s Death
- Bronx Street Renamed After Fred The Godson, Jim Jones, Fat Joe & More Attend [Video]
- The Fashion Issue | Misa Hylton: From Bad Boy Stylist To Global Creative Partner For MCM
- Top Quotes From Bayard Rustin, The First Openly Gay Black Civil Rights Leader
- Wiz Khalifa ft. A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie “Millions,” Juice WRLD “Conversations,” & More | Daily Visuals 2.23.21
- Damon Amendolara Weighs In On The Chances Of Deshaun Watson Becoming A Panther
Taraji P. Henson Talks About Changing The Narrative In Films [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW] was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com