Don’t we all wish we could accidentally make millions like 50 Cent did? According to Complex, the rapper and mogul sold a $60 million share in Effen Vodka and then made millions by getting into cryptocurrency. 50 Cent is the first rapper to accept bitcoin as a payment for his album “Animal Ambition” and it earned him 700 bitcoins.
During that time bitcoin was only worth $662 and he made $463,000 in sales. Reports state that the rapper left the 700 bitcoins in his account for several years. Now, bitcoins value at nearly $11,000 and he has over $7 million because of it.
50 Cent even talked about it on social media and said, “Not Bad for a kid from South Side, I’m so proud of me.LOL #denofthieves.” One of his lowest selling albums still ended up making him a lot of money. Enjoy that bitcoin money 50 Cent.
RELATED: 50 Cent Wins “Power” Lawsuit
- Win a Digital Download of Lil TJay’s New Album, ‘Destined 2 Win’
- Win a Trip For You and Your Best Friend From Saweetie
- Megan Thee Stallion Shows Off Progress From #HottieBootcamp And Has Us Asking For The Ab Routine!
- Celeb Stylist SuperDope Q Adds Vibrancy To Black Hair With “HAIR DOPE”
- Proposed Texas Law Based on ‘Big Lie’ Advances Out of Committee, Voting Rights Organizers Fight Back
- Mictic’s Wearable Musical Device Allows You To Make Music Without Actual Instruments
- Partial Ban On No Knock Warrants Signed Into Kentucky Law After Bipartisan Compromise
- Busta Rhymes ft. Mariah Carey “Where I Belong,” Papoose “Sticks & Stones” & More | Daily Visuals 4.9.21
- ‘Claiming Our Power, Resilience and Liberation’: The 4th Annual National Black Maternal Health Week
- #RIPDMX: In Honor Of The Legendary Dark Man X AKA DMX [Playlist]
- Front Page News: Joe Biden Speaks On Gun Violence In The Country [WATCH]
- Hannah Bronfman Dishes On Her Secret To Great Oral Hygiene