Viola Davis in most of her acceptance speeches talks about growing up poor and working hard to get to where she is now. The actress recently opened up to The Root about living in a rat infested apartment where they were on public assistance. Davis also chimed in about Donald Trump and how he wants to get rid off food stamps and make boxes for families.
She spoke about how people don’t talk about poverty and some don’t care. Davis mentioned, “Poor people are invisible. I know, because I was that.” In the video she talked about growing up and sometimes not having enough food to last through the month. Davis said, “I was a rung lower than poor. I was poor.”
- [WATCH] Beauty, Brains And Business Brunch: Entrepreneurship Edition Highlights Top Women Entrepreneurs
- [WATCH] Ally The Pub Tries To Get In Safaree’s Pants!
- [WATCH] Keith Murray Names His Top Four Favorite Hip Hop Artists
- Rickey Smiley Shares His Amazing Steak & Shrimp Soup Recipe [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Mya Talks About The Alleged Drama During The “Lady Marmalade” Video [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Queen Latifah’s Mom Dies After Struggling With Heart Condition
- How The Jackson Family Is Feeling About Their Alleged Other Sister [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- #FreeMeekMill: Another Motion Has Been Filed By Meek Mill’s Team To Remove “Biased” Judge
- Quavo Drops HS Football Highlight Reel From His Record Setting Year As Quarterback
- Why Tamar Braxton Refuses To Promote The New Season Of “Braxton Family Values” [EXCLUSIVE]