Viola Davis in most of her acceptance speeches talks about growing up poor and working hard to get to where she is now. The actress recently opened up to The Root about living in a rat infested apartment where they were on public assistance. Davis also chimed in about Donald Trump and how he wants to get rid off food stamps and make boxes for families.
She spoke about how people don’t talk about poverty and some don’t care. Davis mentioned, “Poor people are invisible. I know, because I was that.” In the video she talked about growing up and sometimes not having enough food to last through the month. Davis said, “I was a rung lower than poor. I was poor.”
- Do You Know A Queen Who Is A Cancer Survivor? Nominate Them For A Living Room Makeover!
- Can You Guess What Was Found In Table Salt?
- If You Hit The Lottery Who Wouldn’t You Give Money Too?
- I’m Good Beloved, Enjoy: Rihanna Declines Super Bowl Halftime Show In Support Of Colin Kaepernick
- Cardi B Opens Up About Child Birth Breaking Her Vagina & What She Would Do As Mayor Of NYC
- Toya Wright Is Not Here For Reginae Carter’s Relationship: ‘I Don’t Like The Age Difference’
- Cardi B Keeps It Real About Childbirth [EXCLUSIVE]
- You OK Sis? Tommie Lee Arrested Twice In 24 Hours For Child Cruelty And Stalking
- YoungBoy NBA ft. Kevin Gates & Quando Rondo “I Am Who They Say I Am,” Maxwell “Shame” & More | Daily Visuals 10.17.18
- La La And Carmelo Anthony Back Together? [EXCLUSIVE]
Viola Davis: So Bold, Beautiful & Regal
1. Viola Davis1 of 10
2. Viola Davis2 of 10
3. Viola Davis3 of 10
4. Viola Davis4 of 10
5. Viola Davis5 of 10
6. Viola Davis6 of 10
7. Viola Davis7 of 10
8. Viola Davis8 of 10
9. Viola Davis9 of 10
10. Viola Davis10 of 10
Viola Davis Opens Up About Growing Up In Extreme Poverty [VIDEO] was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com